Digital Diplomacy at SXSWi
Headed to SXSWi this week? Check out some of these digital diplomacy sessions.
March 9 at 11:00AM
This panel will illustrate how the State Dept is leveraging its social media network to address humanitarian crises.
- Hilary Brandt, Director, Office of Innovative Engagement, US Department of State
- Joshua Campbell, GIS Architect, Humanitarian Information Unit, US Department of State
March 9 at 12:30PM
How are governments, NGOs, and international business leaders leveraging social/digital tools to build partnerships across boundaries, cultures, disciplines, and sectors? This panel organized by The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy brings together multidisciplinary expert experience from NATO, USAID and the US Department of State to examine the opportunities and challenges of “Open Source” problem solving in this turbulent 21st century.
- Farah Pandith, Special Representative to Muslim Communities, US Department of State
- James Stavridis, Dean, The Fletcher School The Fletcher School at Tufts University
- Joshua Haynes, Senior Development Technologist & Media Adviser, USAID
- Spencer Ackerman, US National Security Editor, The Guardian
March 11 at 9:30AM
The talk will include details on 7 mechanisms created to enable more engagement between the State Department and US startups and the innovations they hold, as a way to demonstrate some new avenues for entrepreneurs to consider, earlier in their maturation phases, as to potential uses for their products and services.
- Rebecca Taylor, Venture Principal at Shell Technology Ventures and Entrepreneur-In-Residence at the US Department of State